Thursday, October 16, 2008

I have a blog?

Pester me all you want for not writing anything for six months, but it's my Blog after all so be quiet :)

Well work and life in general just got away from since that Epic journey earlier in the year. The clock reads almost 26 000km, which I figure is a decent figure for less than two years of ownership, and only one really long trip.

The bike is almost run in now, and is getting more and more lively by the day. I've thought about trading it in on a bigger and badder Buell, but I just love this bike too much, and with the catalytic converters on the new bikes, mine is actually up on power it seems.

Clutch cable snapped at just over 24000km, which fortunately wasn't too much of a hassle since I was close to home. At the same time Buell Tygervalley confirmed that they would replace my front rotor under warranty, so the bike went in for the whole shebang. Front wheel bearings were also replaced at the time, which initially I wasn't too happy about, but looking back at the past two years and the number of speed bumps and potholes I molested at speed, I figure it's understandable.

I have also installed a Special Ops muffler, and K&N Air Filter since the last post but I think I'll make a seperate entry regarding that, as it's quite a story and a few people need to be commended.

Ultimately the Buell is stronger than ever, and miraculously has dodged many mishaps to it's person. Many have fallen in it's wake however...which is odd for a supposedly "slow" bike.

No comments: